Oral & Maxillo-facial Surgery
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) specializes in treating many diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the Oral cavity, treating conditions that require expertise as head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, Temporo-Mandibular Joint disorders, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws as well as numerous problems of teeth.
Specialist Dental Surgeons dealing with this kind of treatments are known as
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Services Provided :
- Surgical extraction of complicated tooth / teeth
- Surgical / Transalveolar extraction under local or general anaesthesia for Impacted Teeth (Wisdom Teeth, Canines, Premolars, Super Numerary Tooth etc.)
- Surgical exposure of unerupted tooth
- Surgical measures for all kinds of Intra-oral Soft Tissues or bony tumours and Cysts
- Surgical measures for all kinds of unequal growth of jaw etc.
- To correct deformities of jaws or Temporo Mandibular Joints (TMJ)
- Surgical treatment of Oral Cancer and Reconstruction with Microvascular Surgery
- Facial injury repairs with Plating and wiring of fractured jaws
- TMJ disorders treated with a combination of oral medications, physical therapy and splints
- Incision and Drainage of infected area (Abcess) of Oral Cavity, Face and Neck
- Correction of any irregularities in Intra-Oral part of jaws for better fit of Dentures
- Correction of Cleft Lip and Palate
- Aesthetic correction of face by Jaw surgeries